Scratch Coding (Gr 1 to Gr 7): From School Dismissal to 4 PM
Coding sessions: Prepare your kid to take advantage of the digital age – Not just a consumer of it! This coding sessions are a strictly play-based approach to introducing coding to young students using a variety of fun themes. By the end of this coding session, students will have gained knowledge in writing long structured code sets in block-based programming (Scratch), and have enhanced their problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Introduces coding concepts through interactive, fun learning.
- Teaches basic coding skills, such as sequencing, loops, and conditionals.
- Encourages creativity and problem-solving.
This term 1 sessions (Oct to Dec 2023) build a foundation of coding and problem-solving skills. In Term 2 (Jan 2024 onward) students age 9 to 13 has the option to transition to L1 coding in the evening batch (or continue this batch). Evening batch (starting 5/6 pm) will be advanced coding session for students of that age. Students age 6 to 8 continue learning in this.
L0 Digital Arts (Gr 1 to Gr 4): From 4 to 4:45 PM
L0 Digital Arts: The purpose of digital arts is to identify students with creative and imaginative abilities and lead them to a path of using digital tools to express their imagination. In these sessions, we introduce a new digital application every other class and does a project with it. We introduce students to a wide range of Artificial Intelligence based tools (Yes! – AI digital arts tools for elementary kids). This is NOT an arts session – but more of a “digital arts tool” session. It helps kids with drawing/painting abilities a lot but everyone can be a drawer/painter or artist with these tools. This is for students age 6 to 9 only.
For example, students will perform tasks like:
- Creating an animation of a blooming flower
- Making digital greeting cards
- Making wall art that can be used to decorate their rooms
- Creating music digitally
- Designing flyers and posters
- And more!
All the students need is imagination to create arts – we are there to help bring this image into reality.
The students can easily and quickly take their arts creation to the next level, and share their creations to the whole world digitally!
Our L0 Coding & Digital Arts course is a good mix of fun coding themes, digital arts themes, and of course sustainability development themes throughout the year.
Kids can choose to do Level 0 more than once and it will remain engaging because we are always using new robotic kits. Also as kids become more comfortable and take a deeper dive into our L0 kits, they can gain an overall better understanding of the robots, and transition into Level 1 better. Note: All other levels (L1/L2) are done only once.
Pre-Requisites for Level 0 classes: Kids should be able to take instruction and be able to read basic English words and sentences before attending the class. No other pre-requisites.
- Kids who are special need, who are on the spectrum etc. please do not join the class. We are offering Parent Participation Classes at our center (17720 57 Ave Surrey) and in several schools in the evening. Please join those instead.
- There will be non-screen (i.e.; no laptops/tabs etc. to rest their eyes) breaks in during the program and students play games like Jenga & Uno to manage long stay. Please pack some extra snacks if they are staying from school dismissal to 4:45 pm.
- Parents can see lot of pictures and videos of student’s classes in our facebook group (invitation only for parents) to see progression and so parents can ask better questions to their kids.
What is new in 2023-2024?
1. We are moving to a semester system to make our programs more affordable.
- Term 1: Oct 2023 to Dec 2023
- Term 2: Jan 2024 to Mar 2024
- Term 3: Apr 2024 to Jun 2024
2. Payment/Cancellation/Refund policy:
- TWO PAYMENT OPTIONS: PER TERM OR MONTHLY.
- PER TERM: Total three (3) payments plus registration fee. First term is payed along with registration. Jan 1st 2024 and April 1st 2024 for 2nd and 3rd terms respectively. ie; 1 payment for each of the three terms. To cancel for any reason before the next term, there is a two-week notice required. (Ex: email us at email@example.com by March 15,2024 to cancel by end of March 2024).
- MONTHLY : Total three (9) payments. (8 payments + Initial registration as first month).
- To cancel for any reason, there is a two-week notice required. (Ex: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15,2024 to cancel by end of March 2024).
- All months have the same fee, irrespective of the number of classes. We understand months like December and March will have only 2 or 3 classes due to school closures. We provide a half week camp( Winter camp/Spring Camp) at our Centre during this time to make up. More details will be shared later. No other refund, alternate arrangements or reduced fee will be provided.
- For schools in tentative status (waiting for final approval from school & school board): Only $10 registration fee at time of registration. Once confirmed, automatic renewal on Oct 1st 2023 till June 1st 2024 (9 payments).
- All students receive a course completion certificate at the end of the course
3. From October 2023 onward, Cloverdale Robotics prioritize Digital Arts tools for this semester. We do not teach how to draw, art theory, but more so introduce students to tools, and help them with creation techniques, so they are more self-sufficient and can create digital arts on their own.
4. We provide progress reports to parents for each term. Parents can also view pictures and videos of classes, videos of activity done by students in our closed Facebook group.
5. We maintain a student to teacher ratio of 12:1 so all kids can get attention. Teacher Biographies are in our team section.
6. Twenty (20) spots available. First come first served. Registration is open. Reserve your spots early.
7. All students receive a course completion certificate at the end of the course.
8. Status: Approved (Classes are confirmed)
For more specific questions, please check our FAQ section.
Term 1: Oct 2023 to Dec 2023 (Current Registration) : Class Days
3 Oct 2023
10 Oct 2023
17 Oct 2023
24 Oct 2023
7 Nov 2023
14 Nov 2023
21 Nov 2023
28 Nov 2023
5 Dec 2023
12 Dec 2023
19 Dec 2023
Term 2: Jan 2024 to Mar 2024 : Class Days
9 Jan 2024
16 Jan 2024
23 Jan 2024
30 Jan 2024
6 Feb 2024
13 Feb 2024
20 Feb 2024
27 Feb 2024
5 Mar 2024
12 Mar 2024
Term 3: Apr 2024 to Jun 2024 : Class Days
2 Apr 2024
9 Apr 2024
16 Apr 2024
23 Apr 2024 (continued)