L0 Robotics: (Age 6 to 9) : From 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Level 0 is our ‘CURIOSITY BUILDING’ phase for next generation innovators! A strictly play based approach to introducing Robotics and Coding to elementary school students. No emphasized learning objectives, instead learning is passively obtained by playing hands on with the robots. No Jargons, No complex programming stuff. Only stories that involve robots, playing with robots, and having fun. Our Level 0 course is designed in this way, so kids won’t feel like they are in another school lesson. Instead, will feel like they are playing, while learning passively through interacting with the robots and exercise themes (stories).
Key points on Stories (Exercise Themes):
- Each day students are immersed into a story that involves a real robot.
- Most stories involve students completing a “mission”. For example, saving a robot puppy from a monster.
- Various props like colorful mats, mazes, obstacles, walls, and characters are used to help bring the story alive.
- To complete the mission or achieve the goal, students have to program a real physical robot, or build it, or both.
The advantage of physical robotics, over learning traditional STEM concepts on the computer or on paper, is that students get to see their code in action in real time right away. This gives a better understanding on the effect of coding and gives a greater level of satisfaction than one just in front of a screen.
We have a collection of various STEM Robots source from around the world. So, students get to use a different robot each month, keeping their interest and curiosity at a high. Give them exposure a wide variety of robots at a very young age.
Learning Outcome after L0 Course Completion:
- Creativity and Innovation: Comes from hands-on STEM experience, exploring different robot designs, coming up with own mods, and from using the robot’s functionalities to complete objectives (missions).
- Coding: As they complete objectives by coding robots.
- Fine Motor Skills: As they build robots from kits etc.
- Presentation and Communication: Participants will practice presenting their robot creations, explaining the design to rest of the group.
Kids can choose to do Level 0 more than once and it will remain engaging because we are always using new robotic kits. Also as kids become more comfortable and take a deeper dive into our L0 kits, they can gain an overall better understanding of the robots, and transition into Level 1 better. Note: All other levels (L1/L2) are done only once.
- Pre-Requisites for Level 0 classes: Kids should be able to take instruction and be able to read basic English words/sentences before attending the class. No other pre-requisites.
- Parents can see lot of pictures and videos of student’s classes in our facebook group (invitation only for parents) to see progression and so parents can ask better questions to their kids.
- Payments: One payment during registration for Nov+Dec plus monthly payments starting from Jan 1st 2024 onward.
- To cancel for any reason, there is a two-week notice before the end of the month/term required. (Ex: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15,2024 to cancel by end of March 2024).
- All students receive a course completion certificate at the end of the course
- We provide progress reports to parents for each term. Parents can also view pictures and videos of classes, videos of activity done by students in our closed Facebook group.
- We are including more robot build activities in the course. There are a lot more of hands on ‘robot build’ than previous year.
- We maintain a student to teacher ratio of 12:1 so all kids can get attention. Teacher Biographies are in our team section.
- Twenty (20) spots available. First come first served. Registration is open.